Sunday, January 9, 2011

Jumpin' Jack Flash, Music and the Moon

Wow! December was a long month!
On the 15th, Kizzie and Andy moved into their new house in Cameron. Some of us helped. She has blogged about it, so I'm not going to go into great detail; but, we're all thrilled for them. And, it is really nice to have them so close.
I do have a crazy Jack sequence to share from a couple of days later. He and Kizzie came over to wait for Avery to be out of pre-school. Keenan made a pile of pillows and blankets on the floor. Jack jumped repeatedly into the air from the toy drawers onto the pile. He was in heaven! He is WILD!
 
Jumpin' Jack Flash!
 Several of our grandchildren take piano nearby. Every Christmas, their teacher holds a recital at The Village, a retirement/nursing home in Cameron. Their performance was on the 20th this year, and all but four of the performers were ours!


If this post isn't long enough, the total lunar eclipse was the next morning. So, I set my alarm for 1:45 a.m. and went outside in the cold with my camera and tri-pod. I posted this picture on Facebook, but I want it in my blog for the record. The whole experience was awesome for me, and surprisingly spiritual. I sat alone under the canopy of heaven. I watched the moon re-emerge into the 'light' of night. I saw stars falling. I searched for, and found, my old friends Ursa Major, Ursa Minor, Pleiades, Orion, and others. And, I got a fantastic (in my opinion) photo of the eclipse.

Thanks for bearing with me!

1 comment:

Kizzie said...

I love the pictures of Jack! He is a little crazy. :)
The picture of the moon is awesome too.