My six oldest grandchildren came to party with me in November. We had so much fun!
I have boxes and boxes of 'stuff' upstairs that need to be purged, and the kids love to go up there. Some of them even like to rummage through the boxes. So, we got together to get started on the ginormous task.
They came on Tuesday evening, the 9th. We visited and played games. After one round of Pit to help them get the hang of it, I turned them free at the table. Oh! It was heartening to listen to them enjoying themselves together. It also reminded me of years and years and years of listening to, watching, and/or playing, Pit. And, never fear: there were plenty of snacks!
| Isobel, Aliyah, Jolie, Emma, Tessa and Jacob |
Sometime after midnight, they all sacked out somewhere. It put me in mind of the children's book The Relatives Came, a great read for anyone.
| Emma, Jolie, Isobel and Aliyah |
We had waffles for breakfast and then went upstairs. They were all wonderful, hard-working and happy. We accomplished a lot and agreed we would do it again. I am so thankful for them and their help. In the afternoon, I made pizza for them. Mmm. Mmm.
| Tessa, Jacob, Jolie and Emma at the counter. Isobel and Aliyah are at the table in the background. |
The cool thing is that they all like me enough that they're coming back on New Year's Eve and we're going to ring in the year together! I'm lovin' it!
2 comments:
One of my favorite New Year's was spent at your hour house in Lee's Summit. Your family, my family and Adrienne Frost. It was awesome!
My most favorite New Year's was spent in a hospital... no pots to bang, but noisy still the same, thanks to 8 lbs of love and tears.
Awesome! I really wish I could be home this year!
Post a Comment