Friday, March 8, 2013

My world today - March 8, 2013

 Feeling a little on the melancholy side, I decided to go in hunt of a good view of the water. Maybe I'd get a few pictures I like. I found myself at Fay-Bainbridge Park. It used to be a state park, but is now owned by the City of Bainbridge Island. Anyway, after parking my car and climbing over what seemed like an endless sea of driftwood, I was able to look out over the water to Seattle and areas north. The wind was blowing slightly and felt very refreshing.

Gazing out across Puget Sound brought me this view. Yes, it was hazy over there.
 
The cool thing that happened next made me smile. I decided to look landward to see what could be seen from the beach. Way up at the top of a very tall tree, I spied a pair of eagles!
I shot a couple of pictures with my smaller lens before making a change to the telephoto, just in case the birds decided to fly away. What I didn't realize until later is that they were apparently guarding a nest, which is the solid area below them. With the bigger lens, I was able to get the shot below. I am always amazed by the size of eagles. Of course, all the way home I was scanning treetops; no more eagles.



 

No comments: