Saturday, January 19, 2013

My world today - 19 January 2013

I did leave the house today, to go out to the motor home for a few minutes. Otherwise, I've had the luxury of relaxing indoors, reading a book and working on a variety of projects with loose ends. Who doesn't have those??

Those of you who've visited my parents' home will recognize this chandelier. It has hung in their home since it was built in 1991. It is still beautiful, and casts an almost equally lovely shadow on the ceiling.

This afternoon, a small flock of birds settled in a tree in front of the house. I grabbed my camera and went out, quietly, onto the deck to try to get an amazing picture. The birds, however, had a different idea. Of course, they waited until I'd found the perfect vantage point and aimed my camera. Then, they flew as one toward a different set of trees, more or less out of reach of my lens. This is what I managed to capture from a great distance. Not bad, I think. Now, I need to figure out what kind of birds they are. Or, maybe I'll go back to reading that book...

 

No comments: