Friday, January 25, 2013

My world today - 25 January 2013

Today was a gloriously beautiful day in the Pacific Northwest! It was still a little bit chilly, but nothing like it had been; and NOTHING like Missouri.

I started the day by going into the Family History Center in Poulsbo with my mom. I have scheduled monthly open houses at the FHC on the fourth Fridays. Usually, I have a consultant, or two, to assist me. Since our attendance has been so low, and advertising probably even lower, I had planned to go in by myself. I'm really glad Mom was along because we had four visitors. I know that doesn't seem like many, but it's a record for us. I spent nearly the entire two hours introducing those four visitors to the facility and discussing family history. Frankly, I was hyped and exhausted by the time we locked the doors. 

Later in the day, Rob and I went out. There was an accident along the highway going out of Kingston, so we detoured, theoretically by way of South Kingston Road, which would only take an extra five minutes. But, Rob decided to go on into Indianola. We went into the White Horse complex to see the progress on the new lodge/restaurant/lounge being constructed there. Then, we drove into Jefferson Beach and checked out the various streets there. By the time we got near Kingston, the sun was setting; and, we had noticed the nearly full moon. I just had to share.
 

No comments: