Reading Genea-Musings this morning, prompted this Christmas memory of one of the years we lived in Indianola. We, along with another large family, were invited to a small celebration with some friends who also lived in Indianola. Besides contributing to the potluck meal, we were each asked to prepare some kind of Christmas presentation. I so wish I had a picture!
Our family practiced singing "Angels We Have Heard on High" together. We had the girls stand in front, being the angels. I'm pretty sure they were wearing halos. They (including Mom, standing in the back with Dad) sang "Angels we have heard on high, sweetly singing o'er the plains."
The boys, who had been kneeling behind the girls, stood up. They were covered with a sheet so they would look like snow-covered mountains (imaginations, please!). They (including Dad) followed the girls' refrain with "And the mountains in reply, echoing their joyous strains."
Then, we all sang the chorus together. "Glo-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-oria! In excelsis Deo! Glo-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-oria! In excelsis De-e-o!"
It was beautiful, of course. And always brings a smile to my face. :)
1 comment:
I remember this moment. This and other memories of those days always bring a smile to my face. Thanks for the trip down the lane:)
Post a Comment