This is a picture of my Grandma Epps (right, Luella Mae Bemiss) and her cousin, Corinne Bridger (Corinne Olive Bemiss) standing in front of Grandma's Christmas tree. Gram and Corinne were very close. Corinne was just two months younger than Gram.
I don't know what year this was taken, but it had to be before Gram and Gramp moved to Maple Valley. I'm pretty sure they moved during the summer of 1973 because I lived with them on Beacon Hill right after I graduated from high school, but Gram and I went shopping for wedding fabric in Renton later that summer.
Anyway, there are multiple things I love about this picture.
- I LOVE Gram's glasses!
- I LOVE how carefully the tinsel is placed on the tree. It was that way every year.
- I LOVE Gram's sparkling eyes and how she seems ready to giggle.
- I LOVE seeing the pictures of my mom and uncle in the background.
- Most of all, I LOVE the memories evoked by looking at this picture. It makes me smile. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment